You can set up multiple learning programs to support different learning objectives within your organization. A Learning Program is where a group of invited learners has access to a catalog of courses to develop career-related skills.
Learners must be invited to join a Learning Program and a learner can join multiple learning programs.
Each Learning Program has a dedicated catalog of courses that only learners invited to join that program can access.
Program Admins can edit the catalog of course recommendations and add curated collections of courses. They can also invite, remove and view reports for the learners of that Learning Program.
Steps to create a Learning Program
Here’s a webinar video that walks you through the following steps.
1. Go to your Admin homepage and click Create new Learning Program.
2. A pop-up opens where you can add your program’s name, add your tagline, and personalize the banner.
3. You’ll be asked to choose a course or let learners decide which courses they want to enroll in from their program.
a. If you choose “Assign a course or project”, learners get auto-enrolled.
i. After you assign the course or project, the next screen is a required section that needs to be filled. “We’d love to learn a little more” asks you for information on how you have been using or will be using Coursera for Campur Basic at your university. “Will it be used for credit?”, “Who would you like to enroll in this course?”, “What department is this content for?”, and “Who would you like to enroll in this course?”
ii. This information is not shared with learners.
iii. This information is for Coursera to understand your needs.
b. If you choose “Let learners explore”, learners can choose courses they want to enroll into.
c. If learners don't want to auto-enroll and learners decide, we have set up a standard Coursera curation that you can edit or use as it is.
Send invitations to learners in bulk or individually
1. From the section for “Who would you like to enroll in this course?”, you can send invitations to learners in bulk or individually.
- For bulk invitations: Click Upload in Bulk via CSV to upload learners’ email addresses.
- For individual invitations: Add each email address and full name.
2. Remember to mark the confirmation checkbox. Note: Each invitation that you send counts against your license.
3. Click Send Invitations. You’ll see in the next window that invitations have been successfully sent.
NOTE: You’ve completed the steps to create your Learning Program and invite learners.
4. Click Go to the admin portal, if you’re ready for tracking their progress and sending them email reminders to encourage engagement.
5. On your Admin Home page, you’ll see the program you created.
6. Clicking that program will show you information about Coursera catalog, learner engagement such as learners joined, enrolled, not enrolled, not joined, invitations sent, and remaining licenses that you have.
Check out an introduction video highlighting best practices for launching your instance to take learning online!
The session included:
- An introduction to Coursera for Campus Platform including our new features - Creating additional programs and assigning a course to all your students
- A demo of the Learner experience and Guided Projects
- An overview of resources that include: help centers, admin/learner guides, and a Student Engagement Kit