A user is considered to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) if they have the instructor role for a partner linked to an enterprise organization. For more information about available roles and permissions, please see this resource: Roles and Permissions.
To provision a user the instructor role:
- Invite the user as a learner to the Enterprise learning program. For step-by-step instructions, please see this resource: Navigating the Manage Learners Sub-tab.
- Once the user has joined the learning program, visit the institution staff management page. To find this page, navigate to https://www.coursera.org/admin/ then follow the below steps:
- Click on the Institution tab
- Click on Settings
- Click the Add Staff button
- Enter the email address of the user and click the “Enter” or “Return” button on your computer’s keyboard to create the option. Note: the email address should be in blue with an “x” preceding it.
- Check the box for Instructor
- Click Add