We are excited to launch the ability to purchase a Team Plan by using an invoice through ACH Credit Transfer and Credit Cards. Coursera’s payment by invoice method uses Stripe as our Billing and Payments provider. Stripe sends the associated invoice to be paid to your preferred email and allows you to pay via Stripe’s payment gateway.
After reading this article, you will:
- know which customer types can pay by invoice
- know how payment by invoice works
- know where to go for a list of FAQs
Who can pay by Invoice?
Anyone can pay by invoice; however, there are limitations to which payment methods are available in different regions.These limitations are below:
Invoices are payable in USD
Team Plan size
Prospects looking to purchase 5-500 Team Plan licenses
Payment method by country
- Credit card: Customers in all countries can pay their invoice synchronously using a Credit Card.
- ACH Credit Transfer: US based customers that have US based bank accounts can pay their invoice by sending an ACH Credit Transfer or domestic wire transfer.
How do invoices work?
Invoicing will only be supported for annual contracts. An invoice will be received 30 days before the renewal date with net 30 terms. If the invoice is not paid, the contract will terminate 60 days after the invoice is sent (30 days after their grace period).
Once you purchase a Team Plan, you will receive three separate emails:
1. Invoice email with information on how to pay your invoice within 30 days of receipt.
To pay your invoice, select “Pay this invoice”. You will then see the option to settle the invoice by paying by “Card” or “Bank transfer”. Note: paying by bank transfer can take up to five business days to process.
2. Welcome email to set up your program. Selecting the “Let’s Get Started!” button will navigate you to the program curation flow. For instructions on how to create and manage a program curriculum, please see this article: How do I create and manage my program curriculum?
3. A final email after invoice payment and settlement with details on how to begin inviting users to your program.
Invoices can be paid via:
- Credit Card
- ACH Credit Transfer and Bank Transfers (in USD)
Upon renewal, customers will receive an invoice with net 30 terms 30 days before their renewal date. If payment is not received for the invoice, the contract will terminate 60 days after the invoice is sent (or 30 days after their renewal date).
Q. Can customers that plan to renew their contract request invoices?
Customers will not be able to switch their payment type to invoicing on their renewal. However, customers can purchase a new contract (and pay via invoice), and terminate the original contract.
Q. Can customers change their payment method from Credit Card or Paypal to pay through an invoice?
Customers will not be able to switch their payment method from Credit Card or Paypal to pay through invoice. However, customers can purchase a new contract with their desired payment method, and terminate the original contract.
Q. Is there a transaction limit?
We should not expect there to be a transaction limit; however, we may run into limitations on a case-by-case basis pending any limitations set at the customer’s bank account level.
Q. What is “paused access”?
Upon sending an invoice, a contract is created before a payment is settled, but the customer receives paused access until the payment is settled. When the payment settles, the Admin and licenses become fully active.