The Manage Learners sub-tab in a Learning Program is comprised of the following features:
- "Learner activity status" dropdown
- Adding and removing filters
- Adding and removing columns
- Users List
- Removing individual learners and invitees*
- Downloading CSV files*
- Sending Messages*
- Inviting Learners
- Edit invitation message - you can edit a program’s default invitation message by selecting the link titled: Edit invitation message
- Edit domain whitelist
* These features will surface once you select individual learners or mass select learners.
How to select a “Learner activity status”
Select the Learner activity status dropdown and filter by one of the available statuses:
- Joined this program
- Invited but never joined this program
- Joined but have no current enrollments
- Enrolled but have no completions
- Enrolled but inactive for the past 30 days
- Inactive for the past 90 days
- At least 1 completion in the last 30 days
- Removed from this program
Note: You can only select one status at a time. Currently, there is not a way to customize this dropdown.
⭐Tip: You also have the ability to search for a specific name or email by using the search bar located directly below the Learner activity status dropdown.
How to add filters
Select filters to further isolate a specific user population by:
- Current enrollment in a course/specialization
To do this, select Filters located below the Learner activity status dropdown where you will see the option to select/deselect any combination of:
- Current enrollments
⭐Tip: use the search bar in each of the filter drill downs to manually search for courses, specializations, programs, contracts.
Currently, there is not a way to customize the filters list.
Once your filter selections have been made, click Back located at the bottom of the selection window then click Apply.
How to remove filters
To allow for seamless usability, you will see your applied filter types. To remove, click the “X” or select Filters and click Clear all located at the bottom of the selection window if you want to remove all filters, then click Apply.
Adding and removing columns
To add or remove column headers from your users list, select Columns.
A selection window will appear showing a list of column values that include:
- Learner (note: this is automatically selected and cannot be deselected)
- Join Date
- Invitation Date
- Last Activity Date
- Current Enrollments
- External ID
- Removal date
- Allow return
Select or deselect the columns you want surfaced in your users list. Currently, there is not a way to customize this columns list.
Once your selection is complete, click Apply.
⭐Tip: Selecting the Reset button will restore the list to only surface column values recommended by the system.
Navigating your users list
You can view additional columns by scrolling horizontally on the page.
⭐Tip: Clicking column headers (e.g. # Enrollments) will allow you to rank search results (highest # enrollments vs lowest # enrollments).
You also have the option to show more rows by selecting the Show dropdown and selecting the number of rows you want to see on the page. You can move between pages by using the page navigation selector as well.
Removing learners and invitations
Selecting a specific user or users will surface the option to remove the learner or invitation depending on the learner activity status you have the users list filtered on (joined vs. invited).
⭐Tip: At the end of each row, you will see the option to remove a learner or invitation as well.
Remove a learner
To remove a learner, select Remove learner.
A pop-up will appear where you will want to either select:
- Require selected learner to be reinvited to rejoin these programs. This will require a new invitation to be sent to the learner should the decision be made to grant the learner reaccess to the program. The learner will be notified via email that they have been removed from the program.
- Allow selected learner to rejoin these programs without an invitation. The learner will be notified via email that they have been removed from the program but that they are able to rejoin via a button included in the email notification.
Once your selection has been made, click Remove.
Remove an invitee
To remove an invitation, select Remove invitations.
A pop-up will appear where you will want to confirm removal. Click Remove.
Downloading CSV Files
You are able to download a CSV file of the user list. To do this,
- Select the users you want to download
- Click on the Download as .csv link
- Once downloaded, you can view the csv file which will include all the column headers that you have selected
You are able to send messages to the population of individuals filtered in the users list. Selecting a specific user or users will surface the option to send a customized message depending on the learner activity status you have filtered on.
⭐Tip: At the end of each row, you will see the option to send a message as well.
Selecting the Send message button will redirect you to the Messages homepage where you will have the ability to send targeted and customized messages to different cohorts within a learning program regardless of whether filters have been applied.
You can invite learners either in bulk or one at a time.
Send bulk invitations
To send bulk invitations from the Manager Learners sub-tab:
- Click the +Invite Learners dropdown
- Click Send Bulk Invitations
- For step-by-step instructions on how to send invitations in bulk, please see this article: How do I send invitations in bulk?
Send an invitation to a learner
To send an invitation to a learner:
- Click the +Invite Learners dropdown
- Click Invite Learner
- Fill in required fields: Name and Email. External ID is an optional field.
- Click Continue.
- A pop-up to choose a contract will appear:
- Choose the contract you want to associate the invited learners to. You can only select one contract at a time.⭐Tip: You can also type the contract name in the search bar to filter the list.
- Click Continue once your selection is complete.
- Learner details
Edit domain whitelist
You can whitelist email domains in your program so that any learner that registers with a matching email address can access the program if they navigate to the program url. To set this up, please see this article: How do I whitelist learner email domains?