You are able to send messages to a specific population of learners.
There are three ways you can find the option to send messages:
- The Users homepage. You are able to send messages to the population of individuals filtered in the users list. Selecting a specific user or users will surface the option to send a customized message depending on the learner activity status you have filtered on. Selecting the Send message button will redirect you to the Messages homepage where you will have the ability to send targeted and customized messages to different cohorts within a learning program regardless of whether filters have been applied.
- The Manage Learners sub-tab from within a Learning Program. Selecting a specific user or users will surface the option to send a customized message depending on the learner activity status you have filtered on. Selecting the Send message button will redirect you to the Messages homepage where you will have the ability to send targeted and customized messages to different cohorts within a learning program.
- The Messages homepage > Create a message button.
Selecting the Create a message button will direct you to a new page that will guide you through the message creation process.
Here you will see three sections:
- Define message audience
- Message details
- Preview message
Define message audience and set filters
In this section, you choose one of the preset messaging options to target learners based on their activities. You will also have the option to set filters as needed.
1. Select the message’s audience. There is also an option to write a custom message without presets.
⭐Tip: you will have the opportunity to see and download the message’s recipient list once you proceed to section two: Edit message details.
2. Select additional filters (optional).
To apply filters, select Filters where you will see the option to select/deselect any combination of:
- Current enrollments
- Learning programs
⭐Tip: use the search bar in each of the filter drill downs to manually search for courses, specializations, programs, contracts.
3. Once your filter selections have been made, click Back located at the bottom of the selection window, then click Apply.
To allow for seamless usability, you will see your applied filter types. To remove, simply click the “X” .
You can also select Filters and click Clear all located at the bottom of the selection window if you want to remove all filters, then click Apply.
4. Once an audience has been selected and optional filters have been applied, click Next to proceed to the second section where you will edit the message details.
Edit message details
In this section, you will have the opportunity to customize your message.
- Message Subject: add the message’s subject line here. This will be the email subject the recipients will see in their inboxes.
- Message Content: customize the preset messaging as you see fit. Adding personalization tags will replace the appropriate information for each message recipient.
- Automated call to action button: A call to action significantly increases the chance your message will achieve its objective. At this time, there is not an option to customize this feature.
- Edit the sender’s name (optional): edit or add the message sender’s name here. People are more likely to read your message if it comes from someone they know. By default, the sender’s name will be the name of the creator of the message.
- Include a reply-to email address (optional): If left On, recipient responses will go directly to the message sender’s inbox. If left Off, recipient responses will be directed to email@example.com.
Once complete, select the Preview message button to proceed with previewing the message prior to send off. To cancel the message, select the Discard message button.
In this section, you have the opportunity to preview your message prior to sending.
- The message’s subject line: this will be the email subject the recipients will see in their inboxes.
- Sender’s name and reply-to email: this is the sender name and reply-to email recipients will see in their inboxes.
- Message content: this is the message the recipients will receive.
- Call to action button: this will increase the chance your message will achieve its objective.
⭐Tip: At this stage, you can review filters, recipients and sender by scrolling up on the page.
- Once you’ve agreed to the policies, click Send.
- A pop-up will appear notifying you that sending a message cannot be undone. Once you are ready, click Send.
- A confirmation message will appear notifying you the message has been sent. Select Dismiss to close the pop-up or Create new message to send another message.