We are thrilled to launch our new admin portal redesign. This redesign brings improvements to your overall experience while leveraging the Coursera for Business admin portal:
- Admin homepage redesign - Through the redesigned admin homepage, you will be able to assess the overall performance of your learning program with a single glance and determine which area of the learner funnel you still need to focus on to optimize the program. You will feel equipped with the knowledge and data you need to drive your learning program forward by identifying where in the learning process your learners are falling short and taking action accordingly.
- Learners List - Through the Universal Learner List, you will have a bird's-eye view of all learners across your different programs. This will provide you with high-level insights into who has enrolled, who is learning, and who needs a little nudge. You will feel confident knowing how your learners are performing with a few simple clicks and empowered to take the actions necessary to encourage learners in your programs.
- Learner Communications Tool - Through our Learner Communications Tools, you will have the ability to send targeted and customized messages to different cohorts within your learning program. This will give you the flexible communication tools you need to prompt your users to enroll and start learning. You will feel confident and in-control knowing you have the tools to communicate the importance of your learning program to your learners.
Admin Homepage Redesign
Top Navigation Bar
The admin homepage boasts a brand new top navigation bar design.
- The organization logo is placed alongside the organization name
- The Navigation Tabs are now right-justified with the removal of the Permissions tab and the introduction of two new tabs: Users and Messages
- The Global Settings, Help Center and User Account drop-downs have been consolidated into one single dropdown.
Learner Funnel Visual
The old admin homepage visuals (aka “Donuts”) have been removed and replaced with new designs to clearly communicate the overall performance of the learning program and to illustrate the “learner funnel”.
⭐Tip: Hovering the mouse pointer over the “?” icon will surface the specific tile’s description.
Send invitations in bulk
Under the Usage Overview section, you will see the option to send invitations in bulk. Selecting the Invite learners button redirects you to the Users homepage where you can send invitations to multiple users at once. This functionality is also available in the Users homepage when selecting the + Invite Learners button.
For step-by-step instructions on how to send bulk invitations, please see this article: Send invitations in bulk.
To find the Learners List, click on the Users tab located in the top navigation bar. The new Users homepage shows a bird’s-eye view of all learners across different programs.
The Users homepage has two sub-tabs:
- Learners sub-tab
- Administrators sub-tab
Learner Communications Tool
To locate the Learner Communications tool, click on the Messages tab located in the top navigation bar. The new Messages homepage will enable you to send targeted and customized messages to different cohorts within your learning program.
When you first land on the Messages homepage, you’ll see three separate tiles:
- Send a message to learners. This tile hosts the Create a message button that will direct you to a new page that will guide you through the message creation process.
- Automated Messages. This tile shares a list of automated messages sent to learners that are generated by the system. Currently, there is not a way to customize when these automated messages are sent to learners.
- We can help getting your team onboard. This tile hosts the Learn more button that directs you to Coursera’s Learner Marketing and Communications Tool Kit to help you roll out Coursera to your teams. Included you'll find everything from a comprehensive user guide to email templates and presentations.
For step-by-step instructions on how to create and send messages to your learners, please see this article: Send a message to learners.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions and we are happy to help.
For questions your learners may have, please direct them to the Learner Help Center where they will be able to open a live chat with our support team.