We are announcing that Guided Projects are now available for Enterprise customers.
What are Guided Projects?
Guided Projects on Coursera are interactive projects that enable learners to gain a job-relevant skill in under two hours. A side-by-side interface allows learners to watch visual instructions on one side of the screen while applying what they learn on the other side of the screen. Guided Projects offer a comprehensive learning experience that combines hands-on learning and guided instruction on real-world tools.
How do Guided Projects work?
A virtual cloud workspace accessed in the browser allows instructors to teach Windows, Linux or web apps. All relevant software and data is preconfigured on the cloud workspace, so learners are not required to set up or configure anything.
Learners interact with real software, watch and follow visual instructions, and complete hands-on challenges to illustrate mastery.
Hands-on Guided Projects in-browser
Hands-on Guided Projects provide learners a way to get more practice applying a skill. Learners who take a Guided Project work on a hands-on assignment in their browser while following a self-paced session with no additional set-up or download required.
Who creates Guided Projects and what subject areas do they cover?
Coursera has worked with a network of subject matter experts to develop Guided Projects across a variety of mission-critical domains including data science, computer science, and technology.
Check out these Guided Projects to see some of the topics your employees can learn:
- Use Canva to Create Social Media Marketing Designs
- Introduction to Relational Database and SQL
- Custom Prediction Routine on Google AI Platform
- Spreadsheets for Beginners using Google Sheets
Explore the full list of Guided Projects to see the full list of topics and tools currently covered in the Guided Project catalog today.
How do I add Guided Projects to a learning program?
Adding Guided Projects to a learning program’s curriculum is similar to how you would add courses and/or specializations.
To add a Guided Project to a program:
- Navigate to a program card from your admin homepage.
- Click the Catalog sub-tab where you will see a list of your program’s courses. You can add courses or collections to a curriculum. Add new Guided Projects to a curriculum via the +Add Content link. For step-by-step instructions, please see this article: Add new courses to your learning program.
- The easiest way to find Guided Projects is to type “Coursera Project Network” in the search field.
- Select the Guided Project(s) you want to add by clicking on the (1) course tile or the (2) check mark icon on the bottom right of the tile. Click Add Courses located at the bottom of the page after selection is complete.
How can my learners work on a hands-on Guided Project?
Learners can enroll in hands-on Guided Projects by browsing your account’s curated catalog and looking for project-based courses. The easiest way to find Guided Projects is to type “Coursera Project Network” in the search field.
When a learner works on a hands-on Guided Project, they will be taken to Rhyme.com, the online platform that powers Guided Projects. Guided Projects won’t work for learners on Internet Explorer or mobile browsers. They will work on Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on desktops or laptops.