Enterprise admins can update learner profiles in bulk.
Admins can select users from the Users tab and update their profiles. Added learner attributes such as job title, job type, business unit, manager’s name, and location including external ID and name are only visible to admins and can be updated anytime.
Note: These additional fields (job title, job type, business unit, manager’s name, and location) will only be available to business orgs for now (not Coursera for Government or Coursera for Campus). All orgs will be able to update external ID and name.
You can update a Learner's External ID and Name in two ways:
2. In bulk
There are two ways you can find the option to update learner attributes in bulk by clicking the "Update learner Attributes" button, which can be accessed from the "Users" homepage or the "Program" page via the "Manage Learners" sub-tab.
First Option: Users homepage
1. At the top right of the Users homepage, click the Update Learner Attributes button.
2. A new modal “Add learner attributes” appears where you can update external IDs and learner profile information and click the Upload button at the bottom right.
3. Add and update extra information to your users’ profiles such as external ID. Filter learners based on these attributes and generate more relevant reports for your organization. Added learner attributes are only visible to admins and can be updated anytime.
4. You can download the csv file.
5. Complete and upload the template with learner attributes. Note: Please refrain from updating column headers and adding columns. Doing so will cause the upload to fail.
6. A summary will appear in a new pop-up modal window. Click on the Update button to process.
You will receive a confirmation email once the updates are complete.
7. If you click Settings - Analytics & Improvements (opens in a new window), you will see a new section at the bottom of the page called “Analytics and Improvements”. You can check the box for “Help Coursera improve product experience” if you want to allow Coursera to use anonymized learner profile data to improve analytics and learner experience.
Second Option: Admin homepage > Learning Programs section > Learning Program card
1. Select the Manage Learners sub-tab.
2. Select the Update learner attributes button.
3. Download the template csv file that is offered in the pop-up modal window.
4. Complete the template csv file with the learners you'd like to update external id and name. Note: Please refrain from updating column headers and adding columns - doing so will cause the upload to fail.
5. Upload the completed csv template as indicated in the pop-up modal window.
6. A summary will appear in a new pop-up modal window. Click the Update button to process.
7. You will receive a confirmation email once the updates are complete.