Enterprise admins can update learner profiles individually.
Admins can select a user from the Users tab and update their profile. Added learner attributes such as job title, job type, business unit, manager’s name, and location including external ID and name are only visible to admins and can be updated anytime.
Note: These additional fields (job title, job type, business unit, manager’s name, and location) will only be available to business orgs for now (not Coursera for Government or Coursera for Campus). All orgs will be able to update external ID and name.
You can update a Learner's External ID and Name in two ways:
2. In bulk
There are two ways you can find the option to update learner attributes individually by clicking the "Update learner Attributes" button, which can be accessed from the "Users" homepage or the "Program" page via the "Manage Learners" sub-tab.
First Option: Users homepage
1. Navigate to an individual learner and select the three dots at the end of the learner's line item.
2. From the dropdown, select Edit profile.
3. Update the following fields in “Edit Learner Profile”.
- For Personal Information, add your name, email, and external ID
- For Job/Role, add job title, job type, business unit 1 and 2.
- For Manager details, add the manager’s name, email.
- For Location, add city, region, and country.
As an administrator changing values such as the learner’s name will not affect what the learner sees, these values are only used in reporting.
Note: These fields are non-customizable.
5. Click Save Changes once complete.
6. A confirmation message will appear once an update is complete.
Second Option: Admin homepage > Learning Programs section > Learning Program card
1. Select the Manage Learners sub-tab and follow the steps above.
2. Navigate to an individual learner and select the three dots at the end of the learner's line item.
3. From the dropdown, select Edit profile.
4. Update learner attributes.
6. Click Save Changes once complete.
7. A confirmation message will appear once an update is complete.